Ah, the holidays. I say, tis the season for closet organizing. For, if your house is like mine, it is jam packed with tons of too much stuff! And for many of us the holiday season means more things to pack in.
Well, why not take the road less traveled this year, and grow your business at the same time. The answer is to give, and/or encourage your clients to give from an “Instead of Stuff” list – With gift certificates from your fantastic house cleaning business at the top of the list, of course.
It’s not too late to generate lots of gift certificate sales. Gift certificate sales are always great for a cleaning business…You receive the first sale money… you might get a permanent new customer… and, it is estimated by analysts that 10% of all gift certificates sold are never redeemed for service at all. Here are some ideas.
1. Write a story, special offer or notice in your newsletter. Headline sample “Gifts for someone who has everything”.
2. Post an “Instead of Stuff” list on your web site, with instructions for gift certificates.
3. Spruce up your gift certificate. “The no cleanup party”, “so clean it will make your mother in law proud cleanup”, “you sip egg nog, we clean the toilets”, etc.
4. Send an email newsletter using a shopping cart feature to allow immediate purchases.
5. Send a press release to your local paper with an “Instead of Stuff” list.
6. Arrange a kiosk in the local craft or holiday show.
7. Sign up to be a local food or toy drive donation station, and while doing your collections have a notice to your clients about one stop shopping and buying gift certificates. If you want, you could donate a portion of the proceeds to the charity… customers will be inspired, and you will be helping the community.
As for the “Instead of Stuff” list, here are some ideas below.
The Gift of Time & Relaxation
HOUSECLEANING FROM THE BEST IN TOWN!
Yoga or dance class
Art or hobby class
Ceramic painting studio
A tour of coffees (small gift certificates from coffee shops all over town)
Museums and/or science center memberships
River boat cruises
Bowling or fun center
Something really different (I am giving tickets to Laser music shows to many)
Indoor soccer, road rally, monster truck or other specialty sport tickets
Ski or tubing lift ticket
Water park entrance